Sport climbing in Pitztal – beautiful routes, impressive backdrop of the Pitztal glacier
The Tirolean Pitztal valley is a true paradise for climbers. Both beginners and experts get their money’s worth. The 40km long valley in the Tirolean Oberland provides certified climbing gardens for families, long and demanding via ferratas and much more. It is located 60km in the West of Tirolean’s capital city Innsbruck. You can enjoy a magnificent panoramic views onto idyllic mountain lakes, mellow mountain pastures and harsh mountain peaks!
5 recommendation for climbing gardens in Pitztal
- Hexenkessel climbing garden:The village of Plangeross offers two magnificent climbing gardens. The Hexenkessel climbing garden provides 90 challenging routes in the 6th and 7th difficulty grade.
- Kaunergrat Hütte climbing garden: The 21 routes in the high alpine Kaunergrat Hütte climbing garden are less challenging than the ones in Hexenkessel climbing garden. The impressive climbing wall is up to 70m high. There also leads a short, 80m high via ferrata through the wall where beginners can train. You can rent equipment at the Kaunergrat Hütte hut.
- Richi’s Wall climbing garden in Stillebach: The Richi’s Wall climbing garden in Stillebach is rather small, but nonetheless very beautiful. There are short 14 routes which are also recommended to beginners. You can also come here for only half a day. Afterwards you can relax at the small bathing pond in Stillebach.
- Jerzens-Hochzeiger climbing garden: The Jerzens-Hochzeiger climbing garden provides several easy routes from the second to fourth difficulty grade and is therefore perfect to start climbing. On the so-called “Pitzi climbing rock”, there are two easy via ferratas for beginners to train. Sheltered seating possibilities are inviting for breaks between the climbing.
- Gletscherstube climbing garden: For a special climbing adventure close to the Pitztal Glacier, visit the Gletscherstube climbing garden in Mittelberg which is also very family-friendly. The view onto the close-by glacier is simply magnificent. The Gletscherstube restaurant offers delicious regional meals.