Climbing gyms in the Kaiser Mountains
The Kaiser region includes the area around the four villages Ellmau, Going, Scheffau and Söll. The Kaiser Mountains are one of Austria’s most popular climbing destinations. In 1977, international climbing history was written when the route „Pumprisse“ (7th grade) at Fleischbank-Pfeiler was established. Popular alpine routes such as Totenkirchl, Predigtstuhl or Fleischbank trigger both respect and ambition. This climbing hot spot is recommended for both beginners and experienced climbers who search an individual challenge on rock. Aside from sport climbing routes, the Kaiser Mountains also offer multi pitches, via ferratas and climbing gyms. With a bit of fantasy, you can recognise the emperor’s, Charles the Great, profile between the Treffauer and Ellmauer Halt Peak. He gave the holiday region in the Tirolean Unterland its name (“Kaiser” = emperor).
Climbing gyms in the Kaiser region
- Climbing gym “Kaiserbad Ellmau”:The Kaiserbad Ellmau climbing gym offers climbing facilities on over 805m². With over 70 lines, you won’t get bored any time soon.
- Climbing gym in Kufstein: The climbing gym in Kufstein provides more than 300 m² for lead climbing and 40 m² for bouldering. The maximum height of the wall is 10m. There are courses offered from beginners to advanced coaching for experienced climbers.
- Climbing gym in Rosenheim: The climbing gym in Rosenheim offers a wide range of fantastic climbing lines of all shapes and sizes. They offer many routes in all difficulty levels which are regularly reset to ensure that everyone always has new stuff to go at.
- Climbing gym in Wörgl:The climbing gym in Wörgl provides more than 200 lines on a 1.700m² big climbing wall. They also have a bouldering wall (250m² big) and an outdoor area (150 m²) with a beautiful view onto the surrounding mountains.
- Koasa Boulder: The “Koasa Boulder” bouldering wall is the biggest climbing gym in the Tirolean Unterland. On a surface of 400m², you can enjoy indoor bouldering at its finest. The lines are regularly reset.
- Salewa Kletterkitz climbing gym: The Salewa Kletterkitz climbing gym offers 850 m² of climbing surface. The wall is up to 17m high. The separate bouldering area measures 100m². Next to the main wall which has a 7m overhang, there are two climbing towers, a beginner's’ wall, three to four vertical walls and two overhanging walls.